Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What I had for dinner...

Ha! Ha! Ha! I know, I know... I said I was going to have corned beef and rice for lunch but I found spam at the grocery store and decided to have spam for lunch and dinner...tomorrow!

I woke up early and did my usual rounds of checking my mail, FB, Twitter, blogs, etc. and made today my day of chores--like laundry ( which I still have to do some more tomorrow cause I have a month's worth of laundry to finish!), writing letters to friends, walking to the post office to send out letters, etc. To make the long story short, I had time for lunch at 2 in the afternoon. I was really famished and the most convenient way to get my food fix is to eat lunch outside. So there, no picture for lunch cause I was so hungry when the food was served, I attacked it immediately. I had breaded pork chop by the way. It's my go to meal when I am lazy to cook or just plain hungry.

Anyways, tonight for dinner, I am having me some good ol' trusted Ssamgyeopsal. Or also known as Korean Pork Belly!



I had some left over Pork Belly from last night's ramyeun. I also got some Kimchi in the fridge waiting to be devoured. This meal is perfect for people who have college student on food stamp budget like me. Heehee! It's cheap and filling at the same time.

What I do? I take some 150 gms of pork belly and marinate it over with some salt, pepper, sesame oil ( a staple for Korean cooking) and sliced garlic around 20-30 minutes.





Then heat that non-stick pan, place all the meat in it and wait till the meat tunrs golden brown...



Of course the fun is eating it straight from the pan with friends. You have to eat it with Kimchi on piping hot rice or delicious veggie leaves like lettuce.



Voila! 잘 먹겠습니다, ready to be enjoyed! =)
BTW, I think I'm getting better at taking food pictures with my phone cam. Hahahah! I still need a new digital camera for life in general.

0 comments:

Post a Comment