Thursday, February 4, 2010

Side Serving: My 2 cents on Philippine Politics

I am not always an airhead talking about useless stuff. I am very much into politics. I believe the voting is a great privilege and I make sure I do it responsibly. After all, we the Filipinos are the ones who will have to suffer the consequences of choosing our leader.

I am saddened by the choices we have for presidents this year. I am not totally sold on Noy because I have yet to see his platform. His TVC's are made up of Filipino Showbiz personalities, but no platform. I want to vote for him but I would like to know why I should. I think that's one of the problems why his popularity is decreasing. We don't know what is his plan for the country. Yes, he promises not to be corrupt but what is his plan for the country? In the end, I think if it boils down to making educated choices-- I will vote for him because he is the lesser evil.
(**He goes to our clinic for PT treatment, he's very nice, very simple and only has one security guard who stays outside of the clinic when he gets treatment. Aside from being treated by our chief Physiotherapist, he has no other VIP requests. He even wears whatever gown is asked of him, once he wore pink! He is even easier to work with than those rich Filipino patients. He is very likable!**)

Part of me would like to vote for Gibo. I like his platform but I am turned off with the washing off his hands when it comes to the current president. When asked if he would convict her when she steps down--he says it is not his place to convict her. Yes, I know there is the judicial system but there is also such a thing called PRESIDENTIAL PARDON. She may be guilty but she may not serve her sentence. Ring a bell ERAP Estrada? (Now third on the presidential race!) Don't even get me started...

And now, another man who may possibly be my president in a few months... Manny Villar



So who do we pick? Good leaders are so hard to find nowadays...

0 comments:

Post a Comment