Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pictures and Stories buffet...

...take only what you want! =)

Hello everyone! How are you guys doing this week? I have been so harassed this week. Here I am thinking I've done all the things I need to do before work starts and I could just bum the week away but nooooooooo... tomorrow, I'm heading out way into the city just to change the district office of my TAX returns. I don't know where it is, but I see it as an opportunity for adventure. >.<

Baking


I knew my mum was a good baker and a good cook. I only got the cooking part (not even at par with my mum's standard I bet!) but I love watching people bake. I love watching baking shows from Lifestyle and Discovery Travel and Living, I can't get enough of them. But watching my very close sister-friend Nuna Grace is far better cause of the following: the smell of the cookies roaming the entire house is intoxicating--trust me the smell is always perfect. She has kookie cookies and we'd always have profound conversations in the middle of mixing flour, butter and her secret ingredients. I think at the back of my mind, I kind of remember when I was young and my mum would bake and we'd watch her. It is such a stress reliever watching her bake, help her from time to time. The best part? Tasting the delicious cookies! Yummy!


Macaroons with almonds and Macaroons with cranberries


Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie with walnuts
Jollibee

Delicious Filipino burger chain. I love eating here, there's a Jollibee store everywhere. I think this was 2nd week of February, I was craving for burger and was frustrated because companies were offering me jobs in the south and of course I won't take it cause I live in the east... and blah blah... So I asked Nuna Grace to share the afternoon with me and have burgers and fries at Jollibee. Summer was fast approaching, I love how the Jollibee store in my town has a cool ac and a new kick ass interior.


My burger meal


Filipino Tasting Burger


Fries *drools*

I also love the cheap rice meal here, 49 bucks in pesos, a buckeroo in US dollar and a dollar and 50 in Singaporean currency. How cheap is that? I can just order, sit in the corner enjoying the cold ac (it's really hot in my country now!) and eat. No washing of pots and dishes. I love the convenience. But not to eat everyday, we don't want to gain some more weight.


Beef and mushroom with loads of fried garlic


What I had for lunch last Monday! ^.*

Cheezwhiz diet and Lunar New Year

The week before Lunar New Year, I have been suffering from severe acidic reaction to food. The only thing I can eat without suffering from that burning sensation in my stomach was slice bread and cheezwhiz. By Saturday, the acids have died down and I had me some good old baked chicken. By Saturday, I was a happy bunny!


Looks like crap but tastes awesome!!!

Then since it's Lunar New Year, I had some sticky rice cake for breakfast before joining the festivities in Chinatown! Awww man, I want some right now~



So that's it for me. I'm really hungry now... I should go out and grab some grubs! Enjoy your dinner everyone! I'm out! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment